Friday, April 4, 2008

Media

I just thought I'd share a few of my latest favorite time-killers.
Last weekend Christian and I watched Dan in Real Life--the funniest, most enjoyable movie I've seen in a long time. I definitely recommend it! Its fun to see Steve Carrell in a more serious role (its sort of a dramedy). I kept thinking about Christian, 10 or so years from now, trying to deal with our girls. Also, our favorite movie before that one is Stardust--with a great cast. It was a very original, enjoyable movie, and I'm reading the book now so I'll let you know if its any good.
I've found a few great websites for kids. In addition to the Nick Jr and Disney sites, check out Starfall.com, DisneyFairies.com, and AGKidZone.com. Hannah also likes the Polly Pocket website, but I'm not sure what it is. The Kid Zone site has good coloring pages and paper dolls.
And of course, I'm hooked on American Idol. Brooke White is my favorite, but I can see why everyone loves David Archuleta. I also think Sayesha Mercado and Michael Johns are pretty good. My favorite new song, however, is Michael Buble's Everything. Check it out on YouTube--I want to dance whenever I hear it!
My biggest time-killer is blog-browsing-- I check people's blogs, even if they don't tend to update them very often. So update them!
And of course, I'm so excited for the return of The Office next week.

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

We loved Dan in Real Life too. Jonathan kept leaving during the uncomfortable scenes but we had a few good laughs. Can't wait for The Office to come back!

Robyn said...

I'm sorry to recommend a movie he felt uncomfortable with... I just remember laughing a lot...

Randy and Ally said...

We absolutely loved Stardust. I was so surprised that Randy liked it . . . but it was a new fave!!

DeAnn said...

I didn't mean bad uncomfortable--it was a great recommendation and we loved it. Jonathan just can't handle really embarrassing moments in movies very well! \''/

Robyn said...

Yeah, there were definitely a lot of embarrassing moments. Christian loved it--he keeps telling me to recommend it to people.