Thursday, April 10, 2008

I finally did it!

Last night I decided to let Aaron "cry it out." When he first woke up at 10:00, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child for support (it says that after about four months of age, baby's nighttime wakings are not related to hunger). It actually only took 20 minutes or so, and one attempt to replace his pacifier, to calm him down. I'm very fortunate that Nathan is such a good sleeper (the boys share a room ) because he woke up again later and cried longer, but the bottom line is that it worked, and Aaron still smiled when he saw me in the morning. I'll do it again tonight. I'm trying to get him sleeping through the night before Christian leaves on this next big trip so I don't go crazy.

2 comments:

BeccaJane said...

KEEP IT UP!!!! I PROMISE it works!!! Good luck.

DeAnn said...

Yeah for you and Aaron! Isaac was doing pretty well but has been waking up with messy diapers.