Friday, February 8, 2008

I need help!

Okay--in most every way, Aaron is an ideal baby. He is happy, healthy, totally cute, and we love having him in our family. The problem? He wakes up more at night now than when he was a newborn! Of course, after I feed him he'll usually go directly back to sleep, but the problem is that I'm waking up several times every night--I haven't slept longer than 3 hours at a time in weeks. I don't know if its because he's growing so fast, he's genuinely hungry, or if he's just in a really bad habit. But I'm tired! Really, very tired. Last night, Aaron went to bed at 7:30. I fed him at 11:15, just as I was trying to go to bed. He was up again at 1:30, Rachel got me up at 3:00, He was up again at 4:00 (Christian gave him his plug and he went to sleep without nursing-but I still woke up), then 5:30 and 7:30. Just not good. Any ideas?
My camera should be fixed soon, so pictures and more interesting updates are on the way.

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

I wish I had a good answer but Isaac is doing the same thing. And this is after a month of sleeping through the night (December). At least now he's a good napper. It's like I get one or the other. I know letting babies cry it out is OK but that doesn't work with our close quarters! You could put him in the Harry Potter closet. J/K--that sounds pathetic!! PS--have you seen a lone black glove at your house? I lost one.

BeccaJane said...

Hi Robyn, this is Becky, DeAnn's sister. She told me about Aaron's sleeping issues. I've just had really great results when I let Cameron start crying at about 5 months old. Once he learned that 'Mommy's not going to come give me a snack', he learned to just put himself back to sleep. He's been sleeping through the night since then. It's really hard to let them cry...my husband literally had to hold me back from going in there sometimes, but it only took a few nights to see results. And don't worry, he'll still love you in the morning! Hope that helps!

Amy said...

Have you tried rice cereal? When Albany stopped sleeping through the night, that was the solution. Although she still is up until 10:00 still, but sleeps through the night until 8:00. I don't know if that helps. Good Luck!