Wednesday, September 19, 2007

For once they got it right....


We have a new baby! And for those of you who like gory details, here's the story:
My sister-in-law, Marcy, took off work for a week to come help me with my kids. She came on Friday, Sept 7, and stayed through the 15th. Her husband, Marc, drove down twice to bring her here and take her back (its a 7-8 hr drive).
I really, really, really hate the last few weeks of pregnancy. I fully expected him to come early, but we had to wait, and wait, and wait, until he came on his actual due date. I didn't think that ever happened, but for once the doctors had it right. Aaron Stanley Green was born on September 12 at 7:24 am, and it was an "accidental" natural delivery (meaning, I wanted an epidural, planned for an epidural, and got Ambien instead...). I still say that it takes a very special type of person to choose a natural delivery, and I don't think I'm that kind of person.
The kids love having little Aaron at home! I worried about jealousy, or that I would be so overwhelmed and tired that I would have a difficult time, but things are going very smoothly. The girls love to comb Aaron's hair and all three enjoy holding him and giving him kisses. Aaron sleeps very well and we are working on having the breastfeeding go more smoothly. I feel better than I have for a very long time, and I have had several people tell me I look younger, now that I'm not pregnant.

A few days after Aaron was born, Christian's company had a family fun day at a local amusement park. Marc and Marcy were both with us, so we decided to go together (we even took Aaron, rather than have me stay home with him...). The kids loved the kiddie rides, and Marcy took Hannah on a real rollercoaster. It was really nice to spend a day as a family, and thankfully Aaron slept well.
We added a new slideshow to our webpage, and Marc and Marcy have posted pictures on their blog, if you are interested.
In other news, Rachel's surgery is scheduled for October 23. Her doctor says that she has healed nicely and we expect to have her new implant activated by the middle or end of November. She is back in preschool and really enjoys it.
Hannah is doing really well in Kindergarten. Her teachers say that she is bright and helpful and has good beginning reading skills.
Nathan is exercising his independence and, in true 2-year-old character, his favorite word/ASL phrase is "don't like!" He is a good helper and is very patient with all the changes going on at home right now.

2 comments:

The Green M&Ms said...

It was great to be down there! Thanks for letting us come and play. Welcome to the family, Aaron

Selena said...

Congrats Robin...I just stumbled on your blog from the clausers! Sept 12 is a very good day, and maybe it's a day not intended for Epidurals! My Makenna was born Sept. 12 last year, but you were lucky and at least got Ambien ;) He is beautiful and definitely looks like his brother and sisters. So glad to hear Rachel's doing well too! Surf on over http://katoclan.blogspot.com