Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer Vacation

I am enjoying the luxury of having no place I need to go and letting the kids be "unscheduled."
Last Monday was the first day in months (since February) that I didn't get in the car at all. Unfortunately, Rachel's implant suffered some technical problems so she spent with majority of the week without hearing. The good news is that she was able to tell me it wasn't working and she seemed to miss it. Rachel is beginning to associate some sounds with words. She is beginning to say bye-bye and ma-ma, although its easy to miss if you don't know what she is trying to say. She is also interested in coughing and sneezing and likes to try to make the noises. We also enjoyed having Aunt Alexia come visit last weekend. She is moving from Utah to Washington D.C. to start a new job with the government and the kids loved seeing her. We love to cook for guests. Christian made a Hungarian meal and I learned to make a good pie using the food processor Christian and the kids gave me for my birthday. I also spent an afternoon helping out with Youth Conference and will spend this week preparing for Girl's Camp the following week. Christian drove down to Greenville, South Carolina to take the GMAT, which went well, so we have some decisions to make regarding grad school for him. We are staying busy, trying to do good things, and trying to keep up with the kids. Happy summer!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I'm glad it's summer for you. I was glad to have my kids done with school. Now we are having the time of our lives in Utah. It's going to be hard to go back to the hot, muggy South!!