Thursday, May 24, 2007

Surviving semi-single-parenthood

My goals this week were simple. Don't scream at the kids, break down in uncontrollable tears, and try to get some rest. For an almost 6-month pregnant lady with three young kids, that's a tall order. But here I am, surviving, and so far so good. I've kept as busy as I can and it helps. During the past few days I have made two trips to Charlotte for Rachel's audiology and speech therapy (travel time: 2 hours round trip), Rachel's school two mornings a week, Hannah's school daily (round trip when going to both schools: 1 hour), exercising at the YMCA twice, plus a visit to the Ob-Gyn--baby is doing fine-- and I even did laundry and have kept up on the dishes. Don't expect me to mop the floor, though. We all have our limits. Really, though, we are all missing Christian. We see a lot of airplanes fly overhead and Hannah keeps asking if we see Daddy's plane. Nathan has a new affinity for talking on the phone, and Rachel hasn't napped in days and is becoming something of a wild child. I'm spending tonight watching a sappy movie I'd never ask him to sit through. And we're all looking forward to Daddy coming home tomorrow.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Wow you really have your hands full and HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME YOU ARE PREGNANT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Congratulations!! Do you know what you are having? When are you due? I swear the Greens are the worst at spreading and sharing news. Maybe these blogs will help.