Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kirtland

Yesterday my training ended with a team work project, and the team that I'm on isn't getting along very well. I left the facility quite frustrated and decided to travel directly to Kirtland.

It only took me about ten minutes to get to the Visitor's Center. When I stepped out of the car, I felt my frustrations just melt away. The setting was so peaceful. The church rerouted the road that went in between the Newel K. Whitney store and the John Johnson Inn, and replaced it with a walking street - the absence of car traffic really contributed to the serenity there.

I didn't arrive until an hour before the VC closed, but the kind missionaries still gave me a guided tour through the Newel Whitney home, and the store. It was really neat to stand where so many revelations were received, and where so many prophets stood.

I plan to talk to some of my colleagues about going back with me. In addition to the obvious religious significance, the historic aspects were really quite fascinating. I hope someone will be interested, and will let you all know how it turns out.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

We loved Kirtland when we lived there. It is so beautiful and the spirit is just amazing.